Our District Convention in Racine was a great success. Your leaders are trained and plans are in place. Our membership is at 5,100 and starting to move up.
Let the FUN, fellowship and service begin!
WI-UM District goals are:
1) Increase membership by retention and recruitment of new members and by starting new clubs.
• Kiwanis International (KI) is requiring all clubs to have a net gain of one or more members to achieve club excellence.
• I am challenging all members to invite one guest to your club meeting or service project by Christmas. Women are over 50% of the population but only approximately 25% of Kiwanis!
• I am requesting that all clubs have their first membership drive by Thanksgiving.
2) Increase conventional and social media publicity for your club. We do great things. Let us share it with the whole world.
• Each club should have a minimum of one news article in the Kiwanews.
• Does your club have a website? If not, how could we help you?
• Send articles about your club installation, service projects and governor’s visit to your local media.
3) Focus on high-visibility and high-impact service projects (such as the Vilas Park Zoo project) to enable the Kiwanis family to work together.
• All clubs should have at least one new service project
• Please pick one of the Governor’s major emphasis projects.
• How about a big project involving multiple clubs, Circle K and Key clubs?
I have decided to help build a handicap-accessible swimming pool at Easter Seal Society Camp Wawbeek. Please donate generously.
My major emphasis projects are:
• Prevention of Autism and Neural tube birth defects
• Kiwanis Mini Free Libraries
•Week of the Young Child
• iPads for Autism (Kiwanis Autism Project)
I am looking forward to visiting with and getting to know all of you great Kiwanians. My schedule is starting to fill up. I look forward to joining you:
• At your membership drive
• Anniversary celebrations
• Annual party
• Fund raisers, service projects or any time you would like me to or when you need a speaker.
I feel honored and privileged to serve as your 2013-2014 Kiwanis Governor. This is a great responsibility and opportunity. Please share your ideas with me. Together we will do great things.